Driving from Nairobi
- Before leaving, please save our Reception phone number (+254 735 408 698) in case you get lost.
- The Sleeping Warrior Eco Lodge is at about 120km from Nairobi by road. Depending on traffic, it will take you approximately 2.5h.
- As the road on the South shore of Lake Elementaita is not in good shape, we recommend you use the North Side of the Lake.
- Leave Nairobi in the direction of Nakuru. Once you’ve passed Naivasha, you will pass the town of Gilgil. About 16km after Gilgil, follow the signs for “Serena Camp” and turn on to a dirt road on your right. Follow the signs, drive underneath the main road and enter the Conservancy. From here, it should take you about one hour to get to the Lodge.
- Take a right after the main gate and follow the road, following the signs for the Head Quarters.
- You will pass Head Quarters on your left and keep going through a green gate. At the end of the road, you will see a “Sleeping Warrior” sign and just keep following them until you arrive at the Lodge.
- Congreve airstrip is about 30 minutes drive from the Lodge
- Charters can land at Head Quarters airstrip about 20 minutes drive from the Lodge
- Loldia airstrip is less than an hour’s flight from Nairobi and is 45 minutes away from the Lodge. Please inform us in advance so we can arrange a pick up.
0°31’51”S , 36°13’55”E